Who, or what, is Wonderbly?
We're glad you asked! At Wonderbly we're making the most technically ambitious physical books ever invented. Ever. We’re making storybooks magical for a new generation by creating impossible stories on a timeless medium; like a story that is created entirely out of a child’s name, or making a book with 10,000 illustrations, OR the world's first book that shows your own neighbourhood, your own street, your own house(!) in a book made especially for you (using NASA images). Oh, and speaking of NASA, we’d like to take this opportunity to brag that Tim Peake read Our Incredible Intergalactic Journey Home in actual space.
We write, illustrate, build, design, and sell all of our products directly, and have a terrific team working to produce our wonderful products spanning from Art Directors to Dev Ops. Working together we have sold more than 2.5 million books, games and posters in every country in the world, and we’re just getting started! With the work you’ll do here with us, we’d like to think we’re on track towards becoming the UK’s most admired creative company.
- 4+ years experience, some of which will have come from having worked at a reputable design, advertising or communications agency
- You should be comfortable in using data to solve problems and delivering against commercial objectives
- Confident in implementing design systems
- Competent in Sketch, Adobe suite, Marvel, Invision
- You have worked closely with brands
- Be comfortable presenting, and being challenged.
- You are optimistic, proactive and open to change
- You can deliver and are decisive
- You’ll have a natural urge to explore bigger and better ways to visually communicate
- You will be able to demonstrate a understanding of UX challenges
- If you have experience in designing responsive sites for well-known brands then awesome!
- Kind, Curious, Courageous (our three values, and we hope they’re some of yours, too!)
About the role
- You will be taking briefs and transforming them into intuitive, accessible, and beautiful designs that emotionally connect with our customers.
- Working with the team and stakeholders across the business to deliver these design solutions
- Owning the end-to-end design process for any project you work on (with support from the Digital Design Director)
- Supporting internal teams to shape requirements
- Iterating through design concepts quickly with appropriate feedback from colleagues
- Testing designs using a range of techniques
- Initiating smaller projects
Why join Wonderbly?
- You’ll get a sweet, SWEET training budget. £1k to attend whichever conference or training you’d like, wherever you like. Or you could learn some Spanish in Dalston, it's your call.
- We offer Yoga class every Monday night; just one of the many ways we keep centred and calm, despite the (occasional) chaos of startup life.
- We also have massages if yoga isn’t your thing, for everyone who wants one on Fridays.
- A lot to think about? We offer mental health support through Sanctus, where you can speak to a wellness coach about how you’re doing.
- Childcare vouchers, health insurance and our cycle to work scheme will keep you and your family in tip-top shape.
- We have an office sauna, showers, and secure bike parking facilities.
- We also provide a matched pension contribution to show you we care.
- We have heaps of snacks. Like, so many snacks. And you can always suggest your favourite new ones to be added to our shopping trolley.
- Speaking of food: Team lunches. We nearly forgot team lunches. Every Thursday our Studio Manager, Shim, orders some super delish food from somewhere in London and we gorge ourselves. It sounds intense, but it's actually quite chill.
- Our office is full of puppies.