Who, or what, is Wonderbly?
We're glad you asked! At Wonderbly we're making the most technically ambitious physical books ever invented. Ever. We’re making storybooks magical for a new generation by creating impossible stories on a timeless medium; like a story that is created entirely out of a child’s name, or making a book with 10,000 illustrations, OR the world's first book that shows your own neighbourhood, your own street, your own house(!) in a book made especially for you (using NASA images). Oh, and speaking of NASA, we’d like to take this opportunity to brag that Tim Peake read Our Incredible Intergalactic Journey Home in actual space.
We write, illustrate, build, design, and sell all of our products directly, and have a terrific team working to produce our wonderful products spanning from Art Directors to Dev Ops. Working together we have sold more than 2.5 million books, games and posters in every country in the world, and we’re just getting started! With the work you’ll do here with us, we’d like to think we’re on track towards becoming the UK’s most admired creative company.
Our Product Managers are responsible for managing the development and maintenance of the digital, and technical products that have helped us grow into a global e-commerce business. Our shop is the key touchpoint of a customer’s journey with the Wonderbly Universe before they see our physical products. In joining our team, you will help shape the future of our e-commerce platform, payment systems and more, while continuing to offer the beautiful, seamless experiences that our customers love. You’ll work with within your cross-functional team to identify features, tasks and bugs to realise that future.
This role requires a strong understanding of the retail industry as well as emerging B2C trends. You’re extremely comfortable with the technical elements of e-commerce checkout funnels & payments optimisation, resellers data integration, back-office customer service admin tools and even Bots. You understand how to work closely with engineers and QA people to get performant features out the door. At the same time, you’re a commercial person at heart, passionate about increasing lifetime value, conversion rate and basket size - the bread and butter of Ecommerce - and you know how to use these measures to prioritise work and track your team’s performance.
You’re now looking to apply your experience to a new challenge, and you want to do it on a product that means something to you - our books make a huge impact with our customers and are often described as a ‘keepsake for life’. We want to work with ambitious people that also want to ship things worth keeping for ever.
- Demonstrable senior experience in product development/management experience overseeing the design, development and launch of successful consumer internet products
- Excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a high-growth E-commerce business
- A passion for children's books, our products, and our mission (to give every grown-up creative superpowers to create magical, meaningful connections with children!)
- The ability to work well across departments and in a team environment
- Experience optimising for CRO across multiple products
- A demonstrated track record of developing outstanding experience for e-commerce marketplaces
- Attention to detail, and capacity to set and meet deadlines and to manage development / production staff to ensure that projects remain on schedule and within budget
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and "do whatever it takes" - but keeping your attention to detail
- Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality
- Kind, Curious, Courageous (our three values, and we hope they’re some of yours, too!)
A bit about the role
- Ownership the delivery of the product roadmap for our E-commerce Transact and Support stream
- Manage and ensure the high-quality execution of initiatives from conception through delivery
- Management of all phases of stream initiatives from gathering requirements and assets and crafting user flows, functional specs, and user stories
- Work with engineering and design team to estimate, implement, and build features and ensure we’re working on the highest priority projects at all times
- Use analytics and A/B testing to steer improvements, inform projects, and drive product decisions
- Work with your team (product management leads) to ensure all business priorities are maintained, and CRO and other metrics are considered function-wide
- Communicate with stakeholders and other appropriate parties to ensure that business requirements are being met and initiatives are completed to specifications
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to continually identify ways to grow the user experience
- Ensure we ship solid product at a timely pace
- Know every competitive product inside and out
- Work closely with marketing team to constantly optimise efforts relating to company goals
Why join Wonderbly?
- You’ll get a sweet, SWEET training budget. £1k to attend whichever conference or training you’d like, wherever you like. Or you could learn some Spanish in Dalston, it's your call.
- We offer Yoga class every Monday night; just one of the many ways we keep centred and calm, despite the (occasional) chaos of startup life.
- We also have massages if yoga isn’t your thing, for everyone who wants one on Fridays.
- A lot to think about? We offer mental health support through Sanctus, where you can speak to a wellness coach about how you’re doing.
- Childcare vouchers, health insurance and our cycle to work scheme will keep you and your family in tip-top shape.
- We have an office sauna, showers, and secure bike parking facilities.
- We also provide a matched pension contribution to show you we care.
- We have heaps of snacks. Like, so many snacks. And you can always suggest your favourite new ones to be added to our shopping trolley.
- Speaking of food: Team lunches. We nearly forgot team lunches. Every Thursday our Studio Manager, Shim, orders some super delish food from somewhere in London and we gorge ourselves. It sounds intense, but it's actually quite chill.
- Our office is full of puppies